We’re an independent family business that has been in the industry collectively for over 20 years. Dean and Brian Barnes, a father and son partnership, successfully took their first business, which was a small bed and breakfast in the Cotswold’s and developed it into an award-winning venue which became a leading Wedding and Conference provider within the area. Following the success experienced in the Cotswold’s the duo wanted to take on a further challenge and an opportunity presented itself in the Lake District. What was initially a ‘tired’ mansion designed and built by the famous Robert Fell in 1787 was carefully restored and developed into a thriving and successful townhouse hotel.
With a growing entrepreneurial taste for the hospitality industry, Dean Barnes leads the family’s latest project.
Our Company mission statement comes second.
In the first place, there is a vision – a dream. It’s where we want to go, what we want to be, why we want to exist there and lastly when we’re going to get there. It’s perfectly appropriate for our dream to be unattainable, to be just out of reach. It’s what we reach for.
“It is the ‘vision statement’ of Cumbria Park Enterprises Ltd to be a prominent operator within the midmarket hotel sector throughout the UK within the next 20 years, providing guests with the highest quality of service within the confines of a strict budget.”
J.Bal – Operations Director – 2013
To provide outstanding hospitality services and quality accommodation to our valued guests, we shall carry out our vision through our commitment to our core values:
Dedication to these pursuits will ensure financial success and growth opportunities for our company and team members.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
IT’S NOT JUST OUR GARDENS THAT ARE GREEN!
The Cumbria Park Hotel embraces Corporate Social Responsibility as part of its duty in helping to protect your environment and encourage those whom we trade to do the same. We strive to play an active part and support the community in which we operate.
All of the Cumbria Park Hotels associates are aware of the policy and are fully supportive in ensuring that proactive efforts and ideas are initiated.
A great example of what the team are doing to go the extra mile is our waste recycling – all cardboard is bailed on-site and collected for recycling along with our glass bottles. Waste oil from the kitchens is converted into diesel engine fuel and organic waste from the kitchens is used for compost in our gardens.
If you get a chance it might be worth looking at our head Chef’s conservatory where he grows fruit and vegetables that are used in the restaurant.
When staying you can help us help our environment by following some basic “Hotel Eco-Etiquette’.
Many people don’t realize that their mobile phone charger, laptop cable and other electrical plugs drain power whilst they are plugged in, even if they are not in use. In fact, only 5% of the power used by an average mobile phone is used to charge it – the other 95% is wasted energy!
Seize The Day
Take advantage of natural light and our long summer evenings as much as possible – it is as renewing for your mood as it is for our planet.
We let you adjust the room temperature. Always set the temperature around level 2-3 in winter and level 0-1 in the summer to maximize both energy efficiency and personal comfort.
Keeping the bathroom light off overnight will not only make a big impact but it will help you sleep better. Travelling with a nightlight is an easy, eco-friendly alternative.
Save While You Sleep
How many of you change your linen every day at home? Please let your housekeeper know if you don’t want your linens to be refreshed daily.
Use Common Sense
Be sure to turn off your lights and TV and make sure taps are not dripping before leaving your room.
What was initially a ‘tired’ mansion designed and built by the famous Robert Fell in 1787 was carefully restored and developed into a thriving and successful townhouse hotel. Built on the largest Roman Fort along Hadrian’s wall the hotel is steeped in history which can be viewed throughout the hotel, showcasing the cities heritage and located close to Carlisle Cathedral and Castle and Tullie House Museum and Gallery.
Get In Touch
If you have any queries in regards to our hotel or would like some more information regarding a booking, please feel free to get in touch with us using our contact form below!